Announcement Statement on the Events in TeamSpeak this Easter Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the events of the past 3 days, I find it prudent to record everything that happened so that nothing can be taken out of context, and I cannot be demonized for things that I did not do justifiably.

If you do not want to read the history and you just want to know what happened, skip to Current Events.

History

I have to give some history before explaining the events of this weekend, because otherwise this will fall on deaf ears.

Twelve years ago, White and Yoshi instigated the April Rebellion on April 8th, where they attempted to steal half the active members of the Knights Templar Mercenaries, the organization that preceded |UGA|. On April 10th, I had a meeting with them on Ventrilo bargaining for my members back. We were able to reunify, but White and Yoshi both took co-leader positions in exchange.

Over the next year or so, we continued to use a Ventrilo server hosted by White. On several occasions, White kicked or banned me from "my own" Ventrilo, or rather the Ventrilo that was hosting |UGA|. I created our TeamSpeak 3 server for the sole reason of getting away from White's abusive tendencies, not out of power hunger.

Eight years ago, White DDoSed our TeamSpeak server for 3 days straight. He was banned on 2012-08-04 and unbanned on 2014-11-15‎.

Six years ago, we were playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I was trying to clutch a round and White, Silent, and an unknown individual started taunting me with a certain phrase (shooster was also in the game). I muted myself in TeamSpeak. They continued to taunt. I muted in-game voice. They continued to taunt. I muted in-game text. They continued to taunt. They proceeded to spam my Steam messages. They continued to taunt. I tried to block them. Eventually they gave me a panic attack. White is completely responsible for my panic attack. Not solely, but completely.

Four weeks ago, White tried to prevent The Exploding Seagull from joining our Jackbox game. He said to me and I quote, "Pat are you sure you want to invite Seagull to the game, when he caused your panic attack?" White was trying to gaslight me. He was trying to convince me that he's not responsible for my panic attack, when he was even more responsible than Silent. I immediately called him on it this time. He has never apologized for it, and I tried to get him to apologize either (A) for bringing up in the first place or (B) for causing the panic attack in the first place. He refused to do either.

I had to argue with White over WhatsApp for 3 days. I pointed out to him that either (A) you already apologized for it, in which case you'd have no problem apologizing for it again. Whenever someone reminds me of how I wronged them, I immediately apologize for it. Or (B) he never apologized about it, and was simply lying about having apologized before. He gave an apology whose sincerity I cannot validate since it was over text, and only done on the request of Raxor.

Current Events

On the Thursday, the 9th of April, Raxor was inquiring whether there was another TeamSpeak that had been created. Hero notified us that he had been invited to a new TeamSpeak server by Shooster. He proceeded to join the server and take a screenshot of it. He then sent me that screenshot to me over Steam.

I took this screenshot and sent it to our Supercluster Council: Fullmetal, Squirrel, Raxor, and Space. Fullmetal, a Supercluster Commodore at the time, immediately took a screenshot of our confidential discussion and sent it in a private WhatsApp group. I demoted him from Supercluster Commodore for violation of Article VIII, as well as the confidentiality and trust of other Supercluster Commodores.

Who was in this WhatsApp group? Everyone but me.

All I know is that the WhatsApp group was created in 2017, called "Translatlantic Brotherhood" at the time. I believe this group was created to shit-talk me 2 years ago. This will be relevant later. What I do know is that not everyone was originally in that group, but after the events of 2 weeks ago during a Pummel Game, they proceeded to add everyone but myself to the group and talked shit about me.

In the Pummel game, I left after my turn to deal with an issue in Discord. I was only leaving for a few minutes and did not believe it was that big of a deal at the time. Everyone else was immediately mad about it. Shooster typed to me the same taunt that triggered my panic attack. White said it over voice. I apologized for leaving the Pummel game. Shooster apologized for saying the taunt. White did not apologize (if I am wrong, please correct me).

The morning afterward, White and Yoshi found out that hero had shared the screenshot from Fullmetal in the "private" (everyone but me) chat. White and Yoshi proceeded to ban Hero with the reason "shit-stirring". This will be relevant later. They also renamed "The Transatlantic Brotherhood" to the name of their new TeamSpeak, tying together both the private WhatsApp and the private TeamSpeak both in name and function: the complete exclusion of me.

Four hours later, after Raxor and Yoshi argued in WhatsApp and I tried to calm both of them down, we decided to have a discussion over voice. I demanded that we meet on neutral ground. We jumped in a Steam group admined by White (not neutral ground). I refused to join the new TeamSpeak out of principle. I went begging to these two for my members 12 years ago. I wasn't going to go begging to them again.

We went over many points during this conversation, which is the main reason I'm writing this post. I want to record these points so that I do not forget them:
  1. "Them: Yoshi approached you about this 2 weeks ago" Yes, he did. He told me he wanted to completely renovate the TeamSpeak to make it for the community. I asked him what he meant by this. Did he mean changing permissions? Did he mean changing channels? Did he mean changing server groups? He was in no way, shape, or form specific. He was incredibly vague and I'm not going to agree to something whose details I don't know in full. Never sign or or agree to something without reading the details!
  2. "Them: We were eventually going to invite you and Raxor." There is no evidence that they could provide that they intended to invite me or Raxor.
  3. "Me: Exactly when were you planning on inviting me?" Were they planning on inviting me in a matter of weeks, when the TeamSpeak was still new, or months, when everyone had already moved over?
  4. "Me: If Hero is a banned shit-stirrer, then why isn't Fullmetal?" Hero sharing the screenshot of the other TeamSpeak did not start drama. I told him and Raxor to keep this under wraps. It was Fullmetal's sharing of the confidential screenshot that really started all of this.
  5. "Me: If it's a community server, then where's the vote on banning Hero?" If what they said were true, then they would have brought up hero's ban for a vote with the community. They could not provide any evidence of a vote to ban Hero. Why did White and Yoshi unilaterally make that decision without the consent of the community?
  6. "Me: Do I have the right to say NO?" If I learned one thing from the Pummel Party game, it's that several people in the TeamSpeak community believe they have a right to my time. No one is entitled to my time but me. I'm not going to be a slave to people who consider themselves to be my friends.
The conclusion of our conversation was that I would consider joining their TeamSpeak when I had evidence that the purpose of the TeamSpeak was not exclusionary, but rather inclusionary. However, I was contacted afterwards by a member of their TeamSpeak who, to my knowledge, has not been banned by them yet. He revealed this to me:

They had absolutely no intention of ever inviting me.

So, I put them to the test. In fact, the best test I possibly could have come up with. I created a whole new TeamSpeak 3 server and gave every single veteran member that joins Server Admin. I still am, actually. I gave shooster Server Admin, and told White and Yoshi that if they joined the server then they would also get Server Admin. I did exactly what Yoshi should have requested, because it took me less than an hour to do.

They refused to rejoin our server.

I made the invite to my server public; I didn't make it secret.

This wasn't about the community. They don't give a shit about the other members of the community. They don't care about democracy or the opinions of others. Just look at their ban of Hero. This was nothing more than a power grab.

Their plan was to secretly scalp and steal every single member of our TeamSpeak until I was forced, by necessity, to join their TeamSpeak to play with my friends, except for a few though:

White hates hero.
White hates Chariotman.
White hates H1Z1.
White makes a sexist comments about Kat whenever she's not within earshot.
He doesn't consider them community members.

Their Response

I have never insulted or degraded White or Yoshi over these past 12 years.

Without me, White would have never met his wife. My servers introduced him to Yoshi, who introduced him to his wife.

I believe, with the exception of White's irrational hatred of myself and the Universal Gaming Alliance, that White can be a good man. I was just telling everyone in TeamSpeak about the time he took on extra jobs to buy Christmas presents for his family and current girlfriend. I believe White can be a good husband.

However to me, he was the most toxic individual I've ever known.

Comments

Status
Thank you @Starlight. These are the TeamSpeak/Unigamia friends I've had for the past 12 years of my life and they betrayed me. My capacity for forgiveness is near infinite, but there comes a time when someone is unforgivable.

I will never stoop down to his insults and appeals to suicide. I will always be a bigger and better man than him because of it.

Please ignore anyone’s request for you to kill yourself or any unfair criticism that is shared with you. You are an amazing person who created a wonderful community that made me feel better about myself when I needed it most.

Petty insults from a petty man.

Don't worry, I wouldn't have posted them here if I took them to heart. I've been laughing about it for days.

After the events of the past 3 days, I find it prudent to record everything that happened so that nothing can be taken out of context, and I cannot be demonized for things that I did not do justifiably.

If you do not want to read the history and you just want to know what happened, skip to Current Events.

History

I have to give some history before explaining the events of this weekend, because otherwise this will fall on deaf ears.

Twelve years ago, White and Yoshi instigated the April Rebellion on April 8th, where they attempted to steal half the active members of the Knights Templar Mercenaries, the organization that preceded |UGA|. On April 10th, I had a meeting with them on Ventrilo bargaining for my members back. We were able to reunify, but White and Yoshi both took co-leader positions in exchange.

Over the next year or so, we continued to use a Ventrilo server hosted by White. On several occasions, White kicked or banned me from "my own" Ventrilo, or rather the Ventrilo that was hosting |UGA|. I created our TeamSpeak 3 server for the sole reason of getting away from White's abusive tendencies, not out of power hunger.

Eight years ago, White DDoSed our TeamSpeak server for 3 days straight. He was banned on 2012-08-04 and unbanned on 2014-11-15‎.

Six years ago, we were playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I was trying to clutch a round and White, Silent, and an unknown individual started taunting me with a certain phrase (shooster was also in the game). I muted myself in TeamSpeak. They continued to taunt. I muted in-game voice. They continued to taunt. I muted in-game text. They continued to taunt. They proceeded to spam my Steam messages. They continued to taunt. I tried to block them. Eventually they gave me a panic attack. White is completely responsible for my panic attack. Not solely, but completely.

Four weeks ago, White tried to prevent The Exploding Seagull from joining our Jackbox game. He said to me and I quote, "Pat are you sure you want to invite Seagull to the game, when he caused your panic attack?" White was trying to gaslight me. He was trying to convince me that he's not responsible for my panic attack, when he was even more responsible than Silent. I immediately called heither (A) for bringing up in the first place or (B) for causing the panic attack in

I had to argue with White over WhatsApp for 3 days. I pointed out to him that either (A) you already apologized for it, in which case you'd have no problem apologizing for it again. Whenever someone reminds me of how I wronged them, I immediately apologize for it. Or (B) he never apologized about it, and was simply lying about having apologized before. He gave an apology whose sincerity I cannot validate since it was over text, and only done on the request of Raxor.

Current Events

On the Thursday, the 9th of April, Raxor was inquiring whether there was another TeamSpeak that had been created. Hero notified us that he had been invited to a new TeamSpeak server by Shooster. He proceeded to join the server and take a screenshot of it. He then sent me that screenshot to me over Steam.

I took this screenshot and sent it to our Supercluster Council: Fullmetal, Squirrel, Raxor, and Space. Fullmetal, a Supercluster Commodore at the time, immediately took a screenshot of our confidential discussion and sent it in a private WhatsApp group. I demoted him from Supercluster Commodore for violation of Article VIII, as well as the confidentiality and trust of other Supercluster Commodores.

Who was in this WhatsApp group? Everyone but me.

All I know is that the WhatsApp group was created in 2017, called "Translatlantic Brotherhood" at the time. I believe this group was created to shit-talk me 2 years ago. This will be relevant later. What I do know is that not everyone was originally in that group, but after the events of 2 weeks ago during a Pummel Game, they proceeded to add everyone but myself to the group and talked shit about me.

In the Pummel game, I left after my turn to deal with an issue in Discord. I was only leaving for a few minutes and did not believe it was that big of a deal at the time. Everyone else was immediately mad about it. Shooster typed to me the same taunt that triggered my panic attack. White said it over voice. I apologized for leaving the Pummel game. Shooster apologized for saying the taunt. White did not apologize (if I am wrong, please correct me).

The morning afterward, White and Yoshi found out that hero had shared the screenshot from Fullmetal in the "private" (everyone but me) chat. White and Yoshi proceeded to ban Hero with the reason "shit-stirring". This will be relevant later. They also renamed "The Transatlantic Brotherhood" to the name of their new TeamSpeak, tying together both the private WhatsApp and the private TeamSpeak both in name and function: the complete exclusion of me.

Four hours later, after Raxor and Yoshi argued in WhatsApp and I tried to calm both of them down, we decided to have a discussion over voice. I demanded that we meet on neutral ground. We jumped in a Steam group admined by White (not neutral ground). I refused to join the new TeamSpeak out of principle. I went begging to these two for my members 12 years ago. I wasn't going to go begging to them again.

We went over many points during this conversation, which is the main reason I'm writing this post. I want to record these points so that I do not forget them:
  1. "Them: Yoshi approached you about this 2 weeks ago" Yes, he did. He told me he wanted to completely renovate the TeamSpeak to make it for the community. I asked him what he meant by this. Did he mean changing permissions? Did he mean changing channels? Did he mean changing server groups? He was in no way, shape, or form specific. He was incredibly vague and I'm not going to agree to something whose details I don't know in full. Never sign or or agree to something without reading the details!
  2. "Them: We were eventually going to invite you and Raxor." There is no evidence that they could provide that they intended to invite me or Raxor.
  3. "Me: Exactly when were you planning on inviting me?" Were they planning on inviting me in a matter of weeks, when the TeamSpeak was still new, or months, when everyone had already moved over?
  4. "Me: If Hero is a banned shit-stirrer, then why isn't Fullmetal?" Hero sharing the screenshot of the other TeamSpeak did not start drama. I told him and Raxor to keep this under wraps. It was Fullmetal's sharing of the confidential screenshot that really started all of this.
  5. "Me: If it's a community server, then where's the vote on banning Hero?" If what they said were true, then they would have brought up hero's ban for a vote with the community. They could not provide any evidence of a vote to ban Hero. Why did White and Yoshi unilaterally make that decision without the consent of the community?
  6. "Me: Do I have the right to say NO?" If I learned one thing from the Pummel Party game, it's that several people in the TeamSpeak community believe they have a right to my time. No one is entitled to my time but me. I'm not going to be a slave to people who consider themselves to be my friends.
The conclusion of our conversation was that I would consider joining their TeamSpeak when I had evidence that the purpose of the TeamSpeak was not exclusionary, but rather inclusionary. However, I was contacted afterwards by a member of their TeamSpeak who, to my knowledge, has not been banned by them yet. He revealed this to me:

They had absolutely no intention of ever inviting me.

So, I put them to the test. In fact, the best test I possibly could have come up with. I created a whole new TeamSpeak 3 server and gave every single veteran member that joins Server Admin. I still am, actually. I gave shooster Server Admin, and told White and Yoshi that if they joined the server then they would also get Server Admin. I did exactly what Yoshi should have requested, because it took me less than an hour to do.

They refused to rejoin our server.

I made the invite to my server public; I didn't make it secret.

This wasn't about the community. They don't give a shit about the other members of the community. They don't care about democracy or the opinions of others. Just look at their ban of Hero. This was nothing more than a power grab.

Their plan was to secretly scalp and steal every single member of our TeamSpeak until I was forced, by necessity, to join their TeamSpeak to play with my friends, except for a few though:

White hates hero.
White hates Chariotman.
White hates H1Z1.
White makes a sexist comments about Kat whenever she's not within earshot.
He doesn't consider them community members.

Their Response

I have never insulted or degraded White or Yoshi over these past 12 years.

Without me, White would have never met his wife. My servers introduced him to Yoshi, who introduced him to his wife.

I believe, with the exception of White's irrational hatred of myself and the Universal Gaming Alliance, that White can be a good man. I was just telling everyone in TeamSpeak about the time he took on extra jobs to buy Christmas presents for his family and current girlfriend. I believe White can be a good husband.

However to me, he was the most toxic individual I've ever known.

Ah sorry about posting that idk what happened, but pat you’re the best goddamn leader for this community I couldn’t see anyone else running it except you. You’re the best person to be around and you’re so gosh darn fun. I hope to be in this community the rest of my time gaming. Hopefully I’ll be back in mid May so we can start the 1917 Verdun grind!

Status

Discord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsMajestiX

TeamSpeak