We've reached a tipping point as a community where there is a clear rift
TeamSpeak 3 Pros/Discord Cons
- Has channel descriptions and the ability to create channel-specific rules and images
- Channels can have icons
- Players can have game icons
- Two active chat channels at a time: server chat and channel chat, though server chat is seldom used since being enabled for normal users
- Voice encryption is controlled by our server, and is therefore more trustworthy, but chat is not encrypted
- TeamSpeak can have many more channels without looking very cluttered
- TeamSpeak has a more advanced permissioning system
- TeamSpeak has 6 different codecs: Speex Narrowband, Speex Wideband, Speex Ultra-Wideband, CELT Mono, Opus Voice, and Opus Music with 10 levels of quality
- TeamSpeak is an FTP/File Storage but the permissions are so bad that you cannot delete your own files. Whoever can delete files can delete ALL files
- TeamSpeak has a Master Volume slider.
- TeamSpeak doesn't show previews so that we can link this.
- TeamSpeak can have larger avatars than Discord, 300x300, and explicit images in the avatar.
- TeamSpeak has custom skins.
- TeamSpeak has custom sound packs.
Discord Pros/TeamSpeak Cons
If you can think of any other reasons why TeamSpeak 3 is better than Discord or vice versa, please put them in a reply.
- Web interface that gets more paranoid users to use Discord before installing app
- Voice channels are separate than chat channels
- Friends list is active and not passive, so you can see which of your friends is online any server
- Both voice and chat is encrypted
- Messages have a thumbnail preview
- Ability to edit message after sending it
- Broad choice of emotes
- Automatically moves AFK members to AFK channel
- Can easily switch between Discords
- Server Permissions and Channel permissions are different so that there cannot be permission conflicts
- Easier to recruit players!
Regardless, all members are required to vote with a reply as to whether they want to keep using TeamSpeak 3 or switch to Discord on a scale of:
I strongly prefer TeamSpeak 3 — I prefer TeamSpeak 3 — No preference — I prefer Discord — I strongly prefer Discord